The online tutoring industry has grown by 13.9% through 2015-2020. This is mainly due to easier access to the internet all over the globe. Tutoring services, among many other services, can now be easily conducted online. Today, we will talk about why online tutoring works and how this trend can be applied to our daily lives.
Why Online Tutoring Is Effective for Tutors and Students
- Since education is online, students and learners can access the bits and pieces of information from all over the world more efficiently, with everything at their fingertips.
- Tutors have access to a broader range of students, such as medical students, without the difficulty of having to travel to teach them.
- There are also more opportunities to meet international students.
- Teaching from home is not only convenient but also very efficient. Tutors can provide e-Learning courses at any time to receive extra pay, enabling flexible hours and work arrangement.
- State-of-the-art technology is used to teach, so teaching materials are reusable and are of high quality.
- Sessions can also be recorded so that sharing videos with students is a lot easier.
- Students and learners have access to more specialist instructors from their chosen field, such as medical courses. There are also university and higher-level courses available online.
- PDF documents and other materials such as recorded videos can be saved more easily and can be played multiple times when necessary.
- Online tutoring is flexible, so it is not a hassle to schedule classes according to one’s schedule. It is also easier to reschedule if needed.
- All the students learn the same thing as attending a traditional classroom setup. Nevertheless, it eliminates the difficulty of needing to see other people in person. Some students find it bothersome to dress up when attending a class. It offers more flexibility and comfort in every way.
Standards of Effective Online Tutoring
When conducting online tutoring, such as CPD courses, various teaching strategies are utilised to make the process ultimately effective. Therefore, online tutoring can be based on personal experience in the class.
Here are some of the principles of effective online tutoring.
Keeping in Mind That A Class Is A Time to Learn
This means that tutors cannot expect students to learn by themselves. Moreover, online students can need more help and guidance when learning a new lesson or material.
Being Proactive and Organised When Conducting Online Training
This means that dynamics and strategies need to present in the class. The tutors consider the students and create modules that are appropriate for their audience. It is also good to plan all the tasks and break down the content into bits of information.
Establishing and Following Rules
Online tutoring provides flexibility to tutors and students. Nevertheless, having rules can help everyone from being distracted. Tutors must consider their teaching pace and being there for their students at a particular time and location.
Since online tutoring is two-way, communication flow should be smooth, and students’ needs are addressed.
There are different assessment types in online tutoring. It does not matter if homework or a group task is given. That is because the chosen strategy should be able to track the progress of students. It is something that should satisfy not only the tutor but also the students.
A safe environment should be first in online training. Therefore, all should show good manners. Tutors and students need to have clear communication to follow the rules more easily.
Finally, you understand the effectiveness of online tutoring. If you consider online tutoring, you should choose a reputable online education platform, such as Art Providers. Whether you can teach or need lessons in the medical, technical, veterinary, legal, or finance sectors, this is a one-stop shop for exclusive, high-quality online education.